Justin talks to Commvault CEO Sanjay Mirchandani and Robert Kaloustian, leader of Commvault’s new Software-as-a-Service venture called Metallic.
They discuss how Commvault created Metallic as an internal startup using Commvault’s resources but running as a separate entity to the rest of Commvault.
Mirchandani explains who the new SaaS offering is for, and how it relates to the rest of Commvault’s products.
They also talk about the broader market trends in data protection and data management, and what the likely reaction from Commvault’s competitors will be.
- 00:00:00.000 Intro
- 00:05:37.809 Rob Explains Why Metallic
- 00:07:24.809 Internal Startup
- 00:09:19.875 Which Cloud? Who Cares!
- 00:10:26.564 SaaS Plus
- 00:11:08.915 Mix and Match
- 00:13:19.795 Balancing Choice With Ease of Use
- 00:14:54.569 Enterprise Experience
- 00:15:49.995 The Three Armed Sweater Problem
- 00:16:37.649 The Size Of Metallic Customers
- 00:17:25.129 Doing More With Backup Data
- 00:19:31.289 Data Reuse
- 00:21:43.849 Expected Competitor Reaction
- 00:22:49.742 Reabsorb or Keep Separate?
- 00:25:05.515 End Interview
- 00:25:59.782 Outtakes
- Learn more about Commvault Metallic
This episode of The Eigencast was sponsored by PivotNine.