Justin talks to Bipin Jayaraj, CIO at Make-a-Wish Foundation on location at the VeeamON 2019 conference in Miami, FL.
They discuss how Batkid broke their systems, and how natural disasters can make data recovery extra challenging.
They also talk about the importance of understanding the mission of the organisation and making sure that IT supports it.
Justin attended VeeamON as a guest of Veeam. Read his disclosure post here.
- 00:00:00.000 Intro
- 00:03:01.005 About the Make-a-Wish Foundation
- 00:04:40.722 Dealing With All The Data
- 00:05:28.209 First Time At VeeamON
- 00:07:27.475 How Did Recovery Go?
- 00:08:03.542 30% of Wishes Are Granted In Hawaii
- 00:08:58.729 These Are Real Deadlines
- 00:10:18.915 Motivating IT Teams
- 00:11:20.969 Network Upgrade, or Grant Another Wish?
- 00:13:04.635 Batkid Took The Systems Down
- 00:14:41.782 Information Security In Not-For-Profit
- 00:16:14.835 Educating NFPs About IT Risk
- 00:17:28.529 Knowledge Sharing in NFPs
- 00:18:52.129 Betting Big on Microsoft
- 00:20:13.089 VR Wishes
- 00:22:10.382 Outtakes
This episode of The Eigencast was sponsored by PivotNine.