Justin talks to Sudheesh Nair, President of Nutanix, at the Nutanix .NEXT 2016 conference, held in Las Vegas, NV.
We discuss the delayed Nutanix IPO, and the Nutanix approach to financing. We talk about the market climate for startups generally in 2016, and how Nutanix may use the tight financing conditions as an opportunity to pick up complementary startups on the cheap. Nutanix PR make it clear these are all hypothetical situations.
Sudheesh explains the underlying principles driving the Nutanix product evolution, and the company culture. We discuss the new Xpress product line, and what going down-market to SMB implies for the company.
We also talk about what Enterprise Cloud actually means, and what companies are really trying to do with infrastructure.
Justin travelled to Nutanix .NEXT 2016 as a guest of Nutanix.
We’re experimenting with chapters in this episode.
- 00:00:00.000 Intro
- 00:00:15.856 Episode Intro
- 00:03:33.803 Interview
- 00:05:57.546 Explaining the IPO Strategy
- 00:08:23.640 Jeff Bezos Investor Letter
- 00:13:12.502 Coming to America
- 00:16:40.373 Storage is Central
- 00:22:21.631 The Xpress Experiment
- 00:24:37.085 Enterprise Cloud
- 00:28:58.530 Flattery will get you everywhere
- 00:29:27.601 Closing Remarks
- 00:30:47.462 Outtakes
- The Nutanix website.
- The Nutanix .NEXT website.
- My article at Forbes.com where I analyse the Nutanix S-1 details.
- The blog by Nutanix CEO Dheeraj Pandey that Sudheesh mentions that I was critical of.
- Nutanix Xpress product line website.
This episode of The Eigencast was sponsored by PivotNine. Research, analysis, advice.