Part 2 of the discussion between Justin and Greg Knieriemen about how analysts shape the marketplace, and how customers make decisions.
They talk about the realpolitick of the storage industry, and why vendors produce certain kinds of advertising material. They discuss how analysts shape which products are brought to market, and the kinds of features that get highlighted.
They also talk about the potential disconnect between what customers want, and what analysts talk about. Are the incentives correctly aligned, or are they working at cross-purposes?
Justin gives a taste of the trade secrets of his consulting business, and what’s required for IT leaders to be taken seriously at C-level.
- Part 1 of the discussion: HDS Goes All Flash.
- The Gartner all-flash array Magic Quadrant page, if you have a spare $2,000. Or just go to one of the vendors in it and get a copy from them for the price of an email address.
- Criticism of the Gartner MQ for all-flash arrays.
- More criticism of the MQ for all-flash from El Reg. Gartner responds.
- The Speaking In Tech podcast site. Speaking In Tech on Apple iTunes.
This episode of The Eigencast was sponsored by PivotNine IT Consultants and Advisors.